- This policy relates to how The Practice uses, stores and collects personal information collected from Users of HART Fertility Clinic’s website.
- Personal information is information about the User that is personally identifiable like the user’s name, surname, email address, and/or postal address and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that HART Fertility Clinic does not own or control or with whom HART Fertility Clinic is affiliated or contracted, or to people that The Practice does not employ or manage.
- Use and Collection of the Information Collected
- The Practice collects personal information when the User request to be contacted or to be provided with more information on the services HART Fertility Clinic provides. The Practice may combine information about a specific User with information it obtains from business partners or other companies.
- Once a user has registered on HART Fertility Clinic’s website the User will no longer be anonymous to The Practice.
- At the point of collection, The Practice will provide the User with an “opt-out” mechanism that will provide the User the opportunity to indicate that he/she does not want The Practice to send the User any further communications.
- The Practice uses information collected from HART Fertility Clinic’s website, for the following general purposes: to fulfil User requests for products and services, provide User’s with The Practice’s news, improve The Practice’s services, and to conduct research.
- Although The Practice will undertake reasonable endeavours not to allow the use of personal information for other purposes, HART Fertility Clinic cannot guarantee that personal information will not be used for other purposes.
- The Practice takes the privacy of children online very seriously. Children under the age of 13 years should have a parent/guardian’s consent before providing any personal information to The Practice. The practice will not require or request children under this age to provide any personal information that is reasonably necessary to participate in the applicable activity on HART Fertility Clinic’s website.
- If The Practice determines upon collection that a user is under this age, The Practice will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- The Practice does not rent, sell, or share personal information about the User with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services Users have requested.
- The user’s ability to delete his/her information
- The user may edit their information, including marketing preferences, at any time, provided this information remains accurate in accordance with HART Fertility Clinic’s Terms and Conditions.
- Confidentiality and Security
- The Practice has placed physical, technological and procedural security safeguards in place that comply with best practices to protect personal information about the user.
- HART Fertility Clinic may update this policy. It is the responsibility of the User to keep up to date of any changes to this policy.
- If a User has any questions, suggestions or comments, Users are requested to complete the feedback section on HART Fertility Clinic’s website. Any comments posted on the feedback section will not be accessible to the general public.
HPCSA Registration Number: 2016/338387
HART Fertility Clinic
Suite 1102,11th Floor, Netcare Christaan Barnard Hospital, D.F. Malan Street, Foreshore, Cape Town, 8001