IVF WITH DONOR SPERM
IVF WITH SPERM DONATION INVOLVES USING THE SPERM CELLS OF A DONOR, RATHER THAN OF A MALE PARTNER, TO FERTILISE A WOMAN’S EGGS IN OUR LABORATORY
Sperm donation is required for the following:
- When the quality of the male partner’s sperm is insufficient to inseminate the egg.
- For same sex couples and single women. Although artificial insemination is usually the treatment of choice for single women, for same-sex couples donor sperm IVF is a more common choice by means of reciprocal IVF. This means one partner donates the egg, and the other carries the pregnancy.
- In the event cancer treatment has left a man infertile.
- For hereditary diseases: In such cases using donor sperm is advisable to avoid transmission to the child.
- In cases of zero sperm count or very low sperm concentration.
In cases of very low sperm motility.
HART Fertility Clinic Suite 1102, 11th Floor, Netcare Christiaan Barnard Hospital, D.F. Malan Street, Cape Town, 8000
Cell: 081 572 9190
Landline: 021 286 2294
WhatsApp: 082 627 4910