IVF WITH DONOR SPERM
IVF with sperm donation involves using the sperm cells of a donor, rather than of a male partner, to fertilise a woman’s eggs in our laboratory
Sperm donation is required for the following:
- When the quality of the male partner’s sperm is insufficient to inseminate the egg.
- For same sex couples and single women. Although artificial insemination is usually the treatment of choice for single women, for same-sex couples donor sperm IVF is a more common choice by means of reciprocal IVF. This means one partner donates the egg, and the other carries the pregnancy.
- In the event cancer treatment has left a man infertile.
- For hereditary diseases: In such cases using donor sperm is advisable to avoid transmission to the child.
- In cases of zero sperm count or very low sperm concentration.
- In cases of very low sperm motility.
- When one or both partners are HIV positive.