EGG & SPERM RECIPIENTS
When you’re not one of the lucky ones who can take fertility for granted, having your child could be difficult, or even impossible, without the help of a donor.
Sperm Recipient: Who needs it?
- Men with no live sperm in their ejaculate.
- Women in same-sex relationship
- Single women who want to become a mother.
- Men who have undergone a vasectomy and now want to father a child.
- Men who are carriers of a genetic disease.
- When previous medical treatment, such as radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, has negatively impacted sperm production.
- Where an illness such as mumps has left a man infertile.
We conduct the relevant tests for each of these possibilities, via blood tests, laparoscopy or semen analysis, to identify the cause.
Egg Recipient: Who needs donor eggs?
- Women with premature ovarian failure.
- Women in early menopause.
- Women with poor quality eggs.
- Women with a predisposition to genetic diseases/abnormalities.
- Women who cannot procreate with their own eggs for unknown reasons.
- Advanced maternal age.
Our highly-trained staff are there to help recipients address the psychological consequences and adjustments related to fertility treatment and post-treatment issues. As a potential egg donor, you have the opportunity to help an infertile/same-sex couple fulfil their dream of starting their own family. Egg donation is anonymous, and under current law your identity may not be disclosed to the recipient. You will be reimbursed for your time and travel costs and will not pay for any tests associated with the process.
They will educate you on what to expect during the treatment cycle, your chances of success, and any other questions that may arise. Grief counselling is another focus of infertility counsellors, depending on whether patients experience a failed cycle, a miscarriage or the loss of a child following a pre-term birth. We will be beside you every step of the way on your journey towards becoming parents.
For more information about egg & sperm donors, email email@example.com. We will assist you with the matching process and provide you with all the necessary support and advice in choosing the right egg donor for you.