Introducing: Jacqui Whittaker
HART Fertility Clinic’s Practice Manager
Every month we will be shining a bright and special light on each of our wonderful team members. Our very first feature is Jacqui Whittaker who is our Practice Manager. In an almost pastoral role, Jacqui is the welcoming voice on the phone and the friendly face that receives patients, as they arrive at the clinic. A true people’s person, she finds her role extremely fulfilling as she gets to connect with patients from different global and cultural backgrounds, every day.
We sat down with Jacqui to get some deeper insight into what she does on a daily basis as well as what makes this lovely woman tick!
How long have you been at HART Fertility Clinic?
I have been with HART since 2018. Before that I worked as a dental nurse for many years.
What are some of the daily tasks you need to do in order to manage the clinic?
As the Practice Manager I have a number of hats that I need to wear but I love the hustle and bustle, as I work best under pressure. Daily tasks normally consist of:
- Managing reception
- Booking/amending appointments
- Managing electronic diaries for the team
- Liaising with and coordinating the doctors/specialists
- Booking patients into specific wards at the hospital
- Managing the Procedure Room’s diary
- Managing the online booking system
- Receiving Patients & capturing their details on the system
- Coordinating lab runs/specimen drop-offs
- Capturing clinical questionnaires & maintaining patients’ files
- Financial/Medical Aid management
- Office/Admin Management
- Stock-take/Ordering medical consumables
- Ensuring the Reception area is squeaky clean and spotless
Wow! That is a lot to manage – hats off to you! How do you unwind after a long week?
I really love the outdoors and thoroughly enjoy being active. When I get some leave, I love to travel; I have been lucky enough to explore some of the most beautiful cities in the world!
What is one thing that people don’t know about you?
Well, I love Martial Arts! And I practice Muay Thai every day.
That is impressive! Finally, what is the one quote that you live by?
I guess I would have to say that out of all my quotes I live by (and I have a few), the one I really try to adhere to is “LIVE TODAY AS IF IT YOUR LAST.” I do not wait for special days to do special things.
You can read more about Jacqui or any of our other awesome team members here.