Mind-Body-Soul Wellness (Part Two)
Due to the popularity of all things Mind-Body-Soul, we decided to share some more of our wellness tips with you this week that will assist with boosting fertility, and to reiterate our mantra from last week’s blog; Natural Health Practice, Mindfulness and Nutrition are three of the most powerful tools we have to do just that:
Mind-Body-Soul Wellbeing Tip # 6: Go raw!
If you feel your body is in dire need of a cleanse and healing, pick a week a month where you consume only raw foods! You will immediately see and feel the difference. Some benefits of going raw are:
- Going raw will ensure your creative juices are put to use into the kitchen
- Grocery shopping will be much more fun as you will be buying all sorts of ingredients for exotic salads and amazing smoothies/juices.
- Eating food made with love (from your own kitchen) means you are consuming healthier ingredients and saving you money long-term!
- Going raw will give you more insight into any food intolerances you might have.
- You will be put of processed food for life!
- Once you start enjoying a clean diet and you start to not only feel more alive and energetic, but you will notice your skin improve and your weight shift down a gear or three!
- Sugar cravings will disappear and you will opt more for natural sweetness found in fruit or vegetables!
Mind-Body-Soul Wellbeing Tip # 7: Yoga
Yoga has been shown to greatly help promote general relaxation and reduce anxiety, stress and depression. Fertility Yoga (FY) can regulate hormonal imbalances, increase circulation and stimulation of both female and male reproductive organs. Here are key benefits of yoga for fertility:
- FY reduces stress
- FY increases blood flow to the uterus
- FY strengthens the immune system
- FY improves ovarian function
- FY regulates hormonal imbalances
- FY increases IVF success rate
We work closely with Harriet Came from Bloom Yoga who specialises in pre/post natal yoga. She is also a doula and uses her birthing experiences to inform and influence her teaching, working to show how conscious breathing, specific yoga postures and techniques can really help enhance a pregnancy and help birth and post-natal recovery.
Mind-Body-Soul Wellbeing Tip # 8 – Mindfulness & Meditation
Practising mindfulness and the art of meditation can also help to reduce levels of stress and anxiety and can promote conception. Mindfulness and meditation are two techniques that affect your mood and how you feel about yourself, and help to improve your mental wellbeing.
We work very closely with Dr Lulu Beyers, of The White Lotus. Dr Beyers is a natural health practitioner and has degrees in both Natural Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine (incorporating Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal therapy), and has extensive experience in treating gynaecological/hormonal disorders.
The White Lotus Studios in Cape Town have wonderful therapies/practitioners available, all under one roof. Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Therapy, Massage, Functional Medicine, Naturopathy, Osteopathy, Nutritional Therapy, Reflexology, Psychotherapy, Pilates, Yoga (Kundalini, Iyengar, Hatha, Vinyasa) and Mindfulness Meditation courses.
Mind-Body-Soul Wellbeing Tip # 9: Super-Food Fruit – Juice your life!
Did you know? There are many discussions about the benefits of eating pineapple when going through fertility treatment. Although we cannot really say for certain that this is a true fact, pineapples still pack a mean nutrient punch, and have super-powers such as:
- Immune system booster
- Assists with bone strength
- Assists with digestion
- Pineapples have anti-Inflammatory benefits
- Assists with blood clot reduction
- Common cold and sinus inflammation
Other Super-Food Fruits out there are: Watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, citrus fruits, bananas, acai fruit, kiwi, avocado, to name a few. Experiment with different fruits and enjoy the benefits of adding fresh juices to your life!
Mind-Body-Soul Wellbeing Tip # 10: Get outside!
Nothing frees the soul and the mind quite like the outdoors – so get outside for a walk along the beach or through a forest nearby, or even to a local park that you love. Just leave the confines of your own walls and mind for just an hour a day!
Love HART x
“Life is a series of a thousand tiny miracles. Notice them.”